CENTER FOR LANGUAGE STUDIES
- The Center for Language Studies (CLS) of Tzu Chi University was founded based on the spirit of the school’s founder, Master Cheng Yen. Her spirit of “Great Compassion To people and great mercy for all” guides the center. Our aim is to enhance students’ understanding of the language and culture of great love, and to develop the sense of gratitude. Through learning language, people can better understand and respect each other.
- To provide Mandarin courses in traditional Chinese with listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- To enhance the students’ understanding of the Chinese culture.
- To inspire students with Tzu Chi spirit of great love, gratitude, respect for each other, and care for everyone.
- To train Mandarin teachers with Tzu Chi huamnities.
Those interested in learning Chinese are encouraged to apply, including scholarship and overseas Chinese students.
Courses consist of 15 hours per week of Chinese language study including listening, speaking, reading and writing with traditional Chinese characters.（The Ministry of Education requires students with a Chinese Language Study Visa to attend class for a minimum of 15 hours per week.）
Chinese cultural courses: Calligraphy, Chinese painting, Chinese knotting, Chinese martial arts and others.
Tzu Chi cultural courses: Tea ceremony, Flower arranging, Sign language, Visiting Tzu Chi Foundation (Branch).
Available Classes：Group class and Individual class.
CLS has specially designed a two or three-week study camp for those interested in learning Mandarin as well as Chinese culture. There will be an intensive Chinese course during the weekdays with a small class size. With this intensive course your Chinese language skills will improve. CLS also provides interesting Chinese cultural courses, field trips, and visiting famous places in Hualien. Tzu Chi unique cultural and volunteer courses are also offered. All these will make your Chinese study camp an unforgettable learning experience.
These classes are specially designed according to the individual requirements of each group. Classes are taught by experienced expert teachers. Tuition and fees are adjusted according to class time and content. Please contact us directly for further information.
Are you interested in Mandarin teaching? Welcome to enroll in this course! Since the market of Mandarin teaching has been quickly developed, it is a good chance to have a different future.
Are you wondering how to teach Mandarin to non-Chinese speakers?
Do you want to teach Mandarin abroad and have different life experiences?
Do you want to obtain another skill and have another certification?
The course can help you understand primary methods and skills for Mandarin teaching.
What makes the course special? There are not only Mandarin teaching courses but some Tzuchi Humanities sessions. The whole training will be 96 hours over 3 months. Besides, CLS also invite experts in this field to offer special lectures or workshops.
- TEL: Tel：(886)3-857-2677, ext 1681-1683
- FAX ：(886)3-846-6065
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address：No .67, Jieren Street, Hualien 97074, Taiwan