Get Prepared Beforehand
- Our Letter of Admission does not guarantee you will obtain an entry visa to Taiwan.
- You need to apply for a “Resident Visa” or “Visitor Visa” in your own country for entering Taiwan. When you apply for your visa, remember to have all required documents ready, and leave sufficient time (at least ONE month) for processing.
- For more information on visa application, go to http://www.boca.gov.tw/mp?mp=2 . Students who hold Visitor Visas (also known as Tourist Visas) must apply for a Resident Visa before applying for an ARC.
- Students who hold Resident Visas MUST apply for an ARC within 15 days after arriving in Taiwan.
- ARC Application
International students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on campus or off campus) are required by law to apply for and obtain a Work Permit before starting a part-time job.
International students may be qualified to apply for Work Permits after their registration is complete.
If you are qualified and wish to find a part-time job, OIA will assist you to apply for a Work Permit. Please note that anyone working without a permit may be fined from NT$30,000 to NT$150,000. To ensure that you comply with the law, contact OIA before applying for a job.
Tuition & Fees per Semester, 2016 – 2017
Useful Tool − Exchange Rate: Visit website: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
or scan the QR code on page 17.
A standard suite with A/C occupies 391 square feet and accommodates 4 students, and costs NT$8,200 per semester.
- You need to shop for bedding supplies, such as a mattress, summer quilts, pillows, sheet, blanket, etc., on your first day in Taiwan.
- Please refer to page 24 for the University Housing Rules.
The university cafeterias serve vegetarian food only. With student discount, breakfast costs NT$15 (Main Campus) or NT$25 (Jieren Campus), while lunch and dinner cost NT$25 (Main Campus) or NT$33 (Jieren Campus). Please remember to deposit money into your ID card ahead of time to enjoy the student discount. Also, remember to bring your own eating utensils.
Accident Insurance and Health Insurance
The University will collect the insurance premiums along
with the tuition. Please refer to the website for more details:
You can’t open a bank account in Taiwan right away, so for the convenience of paying tuition, fees, and personal expenses in Taiwan, you might want to open a joint account with your parent(s) in your country, and apply for an ATM card to withdraw cash in Taiwan.
Shipping Personal Items to Tzu Chi University
You can ship it to your dorm from home or Taoyuan International Airport:
|Campus||College||Male Dormitory||Female Dormitory|
||188 Lane 3, Zhongshan Road, Section 1, Hualien, Tawan||190 Lane 3, Zhongshan Road, Section 1, Hualien, Tawan|
||67 Jieren Street, Hualien, Taiwan||67 Jieren Street, Hualien, Taiwan|