Love Movie’s Tense Date & Time: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 12 noon to 1:30 PM Venue: Room B202, Main Campus
Every love movie has its own tempo, and Lynn Chen, a movie director will analyze love from the beginning to the end for you. When we are in love, we often pay attention to parents’ reminders, ask our friends for advice, and yet we rarely listen to ourselves.
Speaker: Lynn Chen
- 2003: Graduated from Department of Radio, TV & Film, Shih Hsin University, and she is good at portraying common sentiment and human nature by using beautiful images.
- 2004: Her film Seven Scenes about Love was nominated for the Best Director of the new generation at the International Film Festival Berlin, and it was also nominated for various awards at film festivals in Korea, Czech Republic, Yugoslavia, China (Beijing and Shanghai), Malaysia, and Switzerland. It won the Best Movie Award at the South Taiwan Film Festival, and received the 2004 Golden Harvest Award for Outstanding Short Film.
- 2005: Her film Uniform produced by Taiwan Public Television Service was nominated for Best Director of new generation at the International Film Festival Berlin.
- 2006: A Flight to Yesterday, which won the Outstanding Global Chinese Picture Award at the Taipei Film Festival, was nominated for the Best Picture Award at the 2006 Golden Harvest Awards for Outstanding Short Films, and received the Jury Award at the Incubator for Film & Visual Media in Asia (IFVA).
- 2012: Her music short film of THEMe was highly regarded at many international film festivals. Since 2012, Lynn has initiated the projects of Four Seasons Go by portraying four seasons by recording how people interact with nature and others with mindfulness.
2016: Lost Heart will be released in China on December 13, 2016.
Organized by: The Center for General Education
Admission: Free, please register online
Type of Activity: Lecture
Audience: Faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends
Contact: Miss Hsieh, (03)856-5301 #5503
Date & Time: Thursday, December 15, 2016, 12 noon to 1:30 PM