Basic Training in Biosafety and Biosecurity Date & Time: Friday, September 22, 2017, 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon Venue: Room B201, Main Campus
Basic Training in Biosafety and Biosecurity
Date & Time: Friday, September 22, 2017, 8:00 AM to 12:00noon
Venue: Room B201, Main Campus
- Why do we offer this training session?
- To assist lab members to meet government regulations. All new laboratory personnel must attend at least 8 hours of basic courses on biosafety and biosecurity; current laboratory personnel must receive at least 4 hours of training every year on biosafety and biosecurity.
- What are we going to share?
- The details of appropriate biosafety and biosecurity management mechanism that must be set up.
- Duties of the biosafety committee: To approve and monitor the possession, storage, use, disposal, or import and export of infectious biological materials, and ask lab personnel to comply with laws and regulations.
- The necessary knowledge and skills for biosafety and biosecurity, for researchers or faculty members associated with labs and using biological materials.
- Ways to carry out lab work by following SOP, with awareness of risks and harm, initiating necessary preventive measures, and ensuring the safety of oneself and others.
- Who must attend?
New lab or storage facility personnel, who are associated with infectious biological materials, including administrators, faculty members, staff, and research team members.
- Requirements for new BSL-2 lab personnel: All are required to complete 4 hours training in “Health and Safety for new Lab Personnel” and 5 hours training in “Biosafety and Biosecurity for BSL-2 Lab” first.
- Every current member of BSL-2 lab must attend at least 4 hours of training in biosafety and biosecurity every year.
- BSL-2 lab administrators and the possessors of infectious biological material, must complete 8 hours in biosafety and biosecurity training.
- Those who are required to take the training session must take part in the whole session.
- What can TCU do to help you to meet the requirements?
- We will offer needed courses to assist you to meet the requirements.
- Soon, we will provide “Basic Training in Biosafety and Biosecurity” on Friday, September 22, 2017, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 noon, in Room B201, Main Campus.
- We will offer “Health and Safety Training for New Lab Personnel” on Friday, September 29, 2017, from 9 AM to 12:00 noon, at Room B101, Main Campus.
Organized by: The Center for Environmental Protection and Occupational Safety
Type of Activity: Lecture
Audience: Faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends
Contact: Mr. Pan, (03)856-5301 #1553
Date & Time: Friday, September 22, 2017, 8 AM to 12:00 noon