Basic Life Support – Standard CPR+AED course and Heimlich Maneuver Basic Trauma Life Support Date & Time：Monday, October 3, 2016 • Session I: 8:30 AM～12 noon • Session II: 1:30 PM～5:30 PM Venue: Main Campus, Sports Center, Room TB102
About this program:
The term Chain of Survival provides a useful concept for saving a life:
- Usually 4 minutes after cardiac arrest, brain cells start to die, and within 10 minutes brain-death has taken place.
- To save a critically ill patient’s life, we employ “basic life support” (BLS) within 4 minutes after cardiac arrest, and use “advanced life support” within 8 minutes.
To assist medical emergency patients, both CPR and Heimlich maneuver are needed. For patients suffering major trauma, stopping bleeding, fixing injured parts, bandaging, and moving are musts. In summary, BLT comprises “cardiopulmonary resuscitation” (CPR+AED), “basic trauma life support” (BTLS) and the Heimlich Maneuver. We will provide 2 sessions for you, but you may just choose one.
We would like to apply for a CPR or BTLS license, issued by the Taiwan Society of Resuscitation, for those who pass the exam, and the license is good for two years. If you want to learn more or to recollect what you learned before, please join us!
- Those who pass the exam will be awarded “professional education and training” hours by the Personnel Office.
- In order to apply for a license for you, we need to collect your date of birth and ID Number.
- TCU has installed AEDs around two campuses.
- Please excess the TCU Administrative System to register online. The system is in Chinese, so you might need to ask someone for help. Should you decide to cancel your registration, please do it online.
Speaker: Mr. Kuei-Hsueh Chou
Organized by：The Healthcare Group, Office of Student Affairs, and the Taiwan Society of Resuscitation Medicine
Type of Activity: Lecture & hands – on
Audience: Faculty, staff members, and students
Contact: Miss Zhun-Jing Jian (03) 856-5301 ext. 1264
Email: eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date & Time: Monday, October 3, 2016, 8:30 AM ~ 12 noon or 1:30 PM ~ 5:30 PM