Subject: Annual safety and health training for Lab staff
Date & time: Friday, 10/12/2018, 09:00-16:30
Location: Performing Hall, Room 250A, Main Campus
- Legal basis: Occupational Safety and Health Act, clause 12 and Occupational Safety and Health Training Guidelines, clause 16. Prior to beginning any new assignment, newly hired employees and transferred employees must receive general safety and health training on disaster prevention for related work. Furthermore, based on Occupational Safety and Health Training Guidelines, clause 17, active employees must receive safety and health training for their specific fields (minimum training hours list as attached).
- Purpose: Promoting concept of campus lab safety and health, lowering disaster risk and reinforcing concept of danger and protection for all staff and students.
- Target audience: Campus staff working in labs, internship sites, experimental shops, including instructors, admin staff, technician, janitor, full-time and part-time research assistant, teaching assistant, part-time student worker, temporary hired, and master/doctorial/special project students.
- According to Occupational Safety and Health Act, clause 32 and 32, this training is obligatory. Any employee, if fails to take the training is subject to a fine up to NT$3,000.
- All trainees must attend the training in person. Only by special reason that a trainee could ask for absence with excuse. The form of Request for Absence with Excuse for Occupational Safety and Health Training must be sent to employee’s supervisor for approval before it can be filed to the Environmental Safety Center for enrolling in the next training session.
- Sign-in for both morning and afternoon sessions are required, or absence is assumed. A test is given after the training which has a pass score of 70 or higher. Test results will be posted on the website of the Environmental Safety Center with a month after the test. Attendees may take a one-time make-up test. Failed attendee will need to take the course again. Please contact the Environmental Safety Center if you need a certificate for completing this training course.
- Please bring your own 2B pencil and an eraser for marking answers on the test sheet.
Organized by: Environmental Protection and Safety and Health Center
How to register: Login the Tzu Chi University System and register
Register dates: 09/04/2018 – 10/10/2018
Target audience: Tzu Chi University faculty, admin staff, students, and the general public
Contact person: Ms. Lin Yujing
TEL: 03-8565301# 1240/1204